About the Recipe
Perfect party pleaser and great for a quick lunch.
½ cup quinoa
1 15 oz can chickpeas beans, rinsed and drained 2 carrots, grated
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 scallion, minced
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon ground flax meal
3 tablespoons water Sea salt & pepper to taste 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil
4 cups baby kale
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Bring 1 cup of water to boil in small saucepan. Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover and simmer 13 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid and turn onto baking sheet to cool.
2. In a food processor, pulse beans until coarsely chopped.
3. Place in a bowl with the cooled quinoa.
4. Add carrot, jalapeno, scallion, zest and juice, mixing well. In a small bowl, whisk ground flax meal with water let sit 2 minutes.
5. Add flax slurry to bean mixture and stir to combine.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.
8. Add ¼ cup of mixture to skillet and flatten with spatula.
9. Repeat with remaining mixture, cooking in batches, and adding more oil, if necessary. (Don’t overcrowd your skillet with sliders or they will steam and not brown.)
10. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until browned and cooked through.
11. Meanwhile toss baby kale with lemon juice and divide among 4 plates.
12. Place sliders on top of greens and top with chopped avocado