About the Recipe
This is placeholder text. To change this content, double-click on the element and click Change Content. Want to view and manage all your collections? Click on the Content Manager button in the Add panel on the left. Here, you can make changes to your content, add new fields, create dynamic pages and more.
Your collection is already set up for you with fields and content. Add your own content or import it from a CSV file. Add fields for any type of content you want to display, such as rich text, images, and videos. Be sure to click Sync after making changes in a collection, so visitors can see your newest content on your live site.
225 g butter
225 g caster sugar
225 g self raising flour
1 unwaxed orange (juice and zest only)
90 g icing sugar
1. Put the butter and sugar in to a large bowl and beat together until fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and whisk well.
3. Add the self raising flour and orange zest and gently fold everything together until smooth. Don't over mix at this point.
4. Pour in to a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Put in the oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Mix together the icing sugar and juice from the orange. Using a fork or knife, make holes in the loaf and then pour the orange icing all over it.
6. Leave to cool and then slice.
If you want a more intense orange flavour, add the zest from an extra orange. Don't add any extra orange juice to the icing though, unless you add more icing sugar.
Swap the orange for lemon or lime (or a mixture of both) for something a little different.
If your cake starts to look like it is burning on top, cover it in foil and continue cooking until a skewer comes out clean.
Add some chocolate chips to the mixture for a delicious chocolate orange combination.
To ensure that your cake is cooked all the way through and doesn't burn either, use an oven thermometer to make sure it gets to the correct temperature for the recipe.
Don't over mix the batter once you add the flour and orange zest. This can cause the cake to not rise.