About the Recipe
Beautifully cooked salmon with fresh zesty flavours
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling (1 teaspoon)
1 ½ pounds fresh salmon filet
salt and pepper, to taste
2 pounds asparagus, washed
1/3 cup fresh dill, washed
3 lemons, washed
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Drizzle a sheet pan with a light coating of extra virgin olive oil (1 teaspoon). Lay the salmon filet skin side down on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Snap woody ends off each asparagus and keep the tops. This is the most tender part of the asparagus. Discard the woody ends. 3. Arrange asparagus around the salmon and sprinkle with salt.
4. Rip the fresh dill in your hands and cover the top of the salmon with a nice layer. Slice a lemon into rounds and cover the salmon with it.
5. Take a second lemon and squeeze the juice of it over the salmon and asparagus. Drizzle 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil on salmon and asparagus.
6. Bake at 400 F for 20 - 25 minutes or until salmon is flaky. After 20 minutes you can check the salmon by flaking away a little of the flesh with a fork. If it looks a little undercooked, cook for 5 more minutes. Serve with a lemon cut in quarters for each person to squeeze on their serving as they please!